Banking & Finance

Cool Spring Downtown District seeks applicants for microgrants

By Staff Report, posted 2 months ago
Photo courtesy of CSDD

Two months ago, Cool Spring Downtown District received $25,000 from Duke Energy to support microgrants for small businesses. According to CSDD President & CEO Bianca Shoneman, as of Thursday, Nov. 17, only one business has taken advantage of this opportunity and applied for a grant.

According to CSDD’s website, in order to be eligible to receive a microgrant businesses must:

Operate a brick-and-mortar business within the Cool Spring Downtown District’s Municipal Service District 
However,  home-based or virtual Non-Profits and franchises are not permitted to apply
Have less than 25 employees
Apply for between $500- $2,500 in funding support
Complete their work by June 30, 2023

CSDD’s website notifies applicants that grant funds can be used for COVID-19 reimbursement or business/property improvements. Approximately 20 percent of grants will be awarded for COVID-19 reimbursement while the other approximately 80 percent will be dedicated to business/property improvements.

The deadline to apply for one of these microgrants is Dec. 15. Approved businesses will be notified by Jan. 31.

Learn more about the grant and apply online at https://visitdowntownfayetteville.com/hometownrevitalizationsmallbusinessgrant/

Applicants may send clarifying questions to CSDD’s President/CEO Bianca Shoneman by email: bianca@coolspringfay.org.


 

Ico insights

INSIGHTS

SPONSORS' CONTENT
fayetteville-state-university hector-m-molina headshott

FSU Equips Students with 21st Century Digital Literacy Skills

Hector M. Molina - Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and Telecommunications Services and Chief Information Officer, Fayetteville State University
pappas-commercial-properties peter-pappas headshott

Leverage a Commercial Real Estate Expert to “Inflation Proof” Your Portfolio

Peter Pappas - President, Pappas Commercial Properties
teamlogicit jaron-cayton headshott

Help Employees Spot Spear Phishing with These Training and Testing Tips

Jaron Cayton - President, TeamLogicIT

In The Current Issue

Rentals in demand: The Fayetteville housing market sees a cool down for home buyers, while rental properties remain in demand

Photo provided by GFAAAs the housing market in the Fayetteville Metropolitan Area continues to experience a cool down following COVID-19 supply delays and finally seeing a slowdown in demand after two years, increased interest in affordable rental pr


TechNet Fort Bragg 2023: The biggest expo on Fort Bragg returns for another year

Photo provided by TechNetThe North Carolina Chapter of the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association is hosting a local conference Feb. 9 and 10. TechNet Fort Bragg 2023 will take place at the Iron Mike Conference Center, on Fort Bragg.


Cybersecurity - cautious not paranoid: Local IT professional offers advice on keeping your digital data secure

Tima Miroshnichenko/PexelsSecurity is of the utmost importance for creating and operating a successful business and establishing trust among clients. As tax season kicks into full swing, it’s extra important for businesses to take precautions when se